Hello, everyone. My
name is Evan Johnson. Welcome to my
blog. And I really do mean that. I want you to feel welcome here. The people that know me best know that I want
to be connected to them and to other people, and that I always want to keep
such connections intact. That is the
primary reason I decided to start this blog – to stay connected. I have a tendency to feel lonely sometimes,
and in turn, I often feel a need to reach out to people I have lost contact
with.
With that said, keeping in touch
can be difficult, as I often don’t know what to say to specific people. Additionally, I realize that words can only
take me so far. It’s not quite enough to
let people know how I feel. I also want
them to understand what I am
feeling. While I may not be able to
accomplish that with a simple blog post (or series of posts), I think more can
be done through a blog than through other means. Allow me to expand on that. Recently, I have tried to regain contact with
some friends through Facebook. Don’t get
me wrong here: Facebook is great. It
just has certain limitations that Blogger doesn’t have. For example, Blogger allows me to put things
in boldface or italics, and I can underline things. I don’t think I can do any of that on
Facebook. Thus, emphasizing things
becomes easier, and it makes Blogger more user-friendly, since doing those
aforementioned things is less in-your-face than using the caps lock
feature. Also, having a blog allows me
to address as many people as I want to at one time, without awkwardly sending a
mass message to a bunch of people who may or may not know each other. On top of that, I can make these posts as
long as I want without anyone needing to hit a “see more” button, although I
will do my best to make future posts shorter (as opposed to essentially writing
a newspaper-length column each time).So, this is basically my forum to tell all of you what I am thinking and how I am feeling. This is open to anyone who has ever known me or had contact with me. And since I am putting my thoughts out here, I want each of you to feel free to share whatever you want with me. It doesn’t necessarily need to be through the comments section, either; I am also available through Facebook or email. (Facebook is probably better, since I check it more often. However, you can send me an email by visiting my profile and clicking the appropriate link there. Let me know if you have questions.) If you send me something, make it as long or as short as you like. Messages I receive from friends are of the utmost importance to me, so I make sure to read them from start to finish. All I ask is that you identify yourself so I can send you something in return.
Now, as for the title and URL of this blog… you may notice that every post is written by someone called “Stickum.” Yes, that is me. I will probably explain that in a future post, but for now, you only need to know that I sign my posts as Stickum. I like to keep myself entertained in nerdy ways sometimes. Thus, the URL (Sticky Notes Blog dot com) reflects the Stickum designation. Also, you may be wondering why I would put “Untitled Blog” as the blog’s title. That is a reference to one of my favorite songs (if not my #1 song). It is called “Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus),” written by Chris Rice on the album Run the Earth, Watch the Sky. I enjoy listening to music, and I absolutely love that song. It is available through iTunes, but I will provide a link to a Youtube video here for your listening pleasure.
Though I hope this blog will last for quite a while, I can’t be certain of anything. But for now, I am excited about what may come from this, and I look forward to hearing from each of you.
Stickum sounds familiar. I think it's from The Replacements with Keanu Reeves
ReplyDelete